Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Got Zumbafied!!

I did it!! If I look a little haggered in the picture it's because the weekend was a little greuling to say the least. Initially I had planned to go to a Zumba workshop in Youngstown, which would have been much easier but I waited until payday to purchase the workshop online and it was sold out! And that was at the early bird price too!! So I decided to go to the next closest one, which was in West Virginia, so that I could begin teaching in June as I had planned. I knew this was going to be pushing it because we had a hafla at Kan Zaman the night before. Craziness...why do I always do this stuff to myself?! I got home from the hafla at 1 am, which is actually really early on Kan Zaman time. I had my bags packed but we still had to get up at 5 am in order to be arrive promptly at the workshop. Thankfully, Joe drove with me because I really don't know how I would have coped with all of this without him. Still, anyone who knows me knows that I cannot sleep in a moving vehicle. Ever. As we were driving and the sun began to rise I started to notice I had a sore throat and felt feverish. Great. It was about a 3 hour drive and by the time we got there I was really more zombified than zumbafied lol. The class was hard. It was an 8 hour day but considering we spent a lot of time listening to the teacher and taking notes it was probably about 4-5 hours of exercise that day, an hour and a half of which was super intense. Throughout the day my fever and sore throat turned into full on flu. I would have found the class challenging if I was on my A-game and I wasn't anywhere near my A-game that day. Honestly I was proud of myself for just finishing the day. If it hadn't been for the difficulties it would have been a great experience that I would recommend to anyone who loves Zumba. My instructor was a good teacher and a really good dancer, especially at hip hop.

Now that all that's over I can't wait to start teaching! I start at Love 2 Dance Studio Fridays and Saturdays in June at 9 am so come and join me!!

1 comment:

  1. congrats!! hopefully ill get to take one of your zumba classes in June!

    ReplyDelete